Program Description: Parenting is incredibly tough, many moms and dads have questions and do not know where to turn. United Way of Utah County brought Help Me Grow Utah to our state in an effort to support families and connect them to the information and resources they want. We do this by:
• offering developmental screening tools to assist parents in tracking early milestones
• linking families to information and community resources related to child development and parenting
• providing personalized virtual support
• creating and facilitating partnerships within the community to improve the availability and quality of
services for families
Position Description: The Bilingual Parent Liaison contributes to the goals of Help Me Grow Utah by guiding the
team in addressing family strengths and concerns through meaningful parent engagement at every level. They
work closely with both the Parent Support Team and Outreach Team to ensure that all interactions with
parents are done with a family-centric, family-strengthening approach. The Parent Liaison works with our
Family Advisory Boards to build parent leadership and utilize their expertise to improve our services for all
families. They demonstrate knowledge, extensive experience, and passion for family support services, including
the ability to interpret developmental screenings and showing empathy toward a variety of family situations.
Core functions of the position include coaching individuals and small, engaging parents, communicating with
families, managing family records, conducting follow-up, and participating in other activities related to Help Me
Grow Utah and United Way of Utah County.
● Work in tandem with the Help Me Grow Utah Director, Parent Support Team Manager, and Outreach
Manager to support all HMG team members, specializing in family relations and engagement related to
their various roles
● Oversee both our English and Spanish speaking Family Advisory Boards (FAB) to build parent
leadership, gather feedback about HMGU services, and implement necessary changes with the team.
Accountability to the FAB is of the upmost importance
● Train and coach team members in addressing parents’ concerns about their child while recognizing
their current strengths. Provide training on family centric, family strengthening approaches using
Protective Factors and Family Standards
● Carry a small care coordination caseload of higher needs families. Respond in English and Spanish to
calls, texts, and emails from parents, service providers and health care providers who are in need of
information and/or referrals to community resources for pregnant parents and families with young
children ages 0-8 years old
● Score screening tools completed by parents, including the Ages and Stages Questionnaire, Edinburgh
Postnatal Depression Scale, Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers and give results to parents
● Identify appropriate referrals and services that may benefit a family; communicate referrals to parents
and/or appropriate agencies
● Follow-up with families via phone, text, mail and/or email in both English and Spanish
● Provide support on projects as needed, such as researching family engagement strategies, improving
services, preparing for events, etc.
● Participate in other activities related to Help Me Grow Utah and United Way of Utah County
● Bilingual in Spanish and English required
● Minimum of Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● Experience in child development, parenting, early childhood education, behavioral science, social
service, social work, or related field
● Extensive work experience involving parents of young children and family engagement
● Understanding of protective and risk factors for families and experience in working with families to
increase protective and reduce risk factors
● Valid Utah Driver’s License and access to personal vehicle for use during working hours (mileage
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with ability to learn new software applications
● Proper telephone etiquette, including active listening and assessment skills
● Ability to manage many details and various bits of information at the same time
● Ability to make decisions independently as well as part of a team
● Ability to coach and train others in family centered and family strengthening practices.
Benefits and Compensation: United Way of Utah County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is a full-time in-
person salary position–compensation starts at $42,500-44,500, increasing depending on experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance; paid holidays, sick leave and vacation; 401(K); life and disability insurance; and flex spending plan.
Work Schedule: Typical hours are 3-4 days 8:30am-5:00pm and 1-2 days 9:30am-6:00pm Monday-Friday (Full-
time; 40 hrs. /week), however, hours may vary and may include occasional night or weekend hours. The
Bilingual Parent Liaison reports to the Help Me Grow Utah Director.
Physical Activity: In the course of performing this job, the incumbent typically spends time sitting, walking,
listening/speaking, writing and operating a personal computer. At times, employee will be required to drive an
automobile to attend meetings within the community. They are expected to lift and carry office records and
supplies up to 15 lbs. on an occasional basis. Reasonable accommodations may be arranged to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties of the job.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
United Way: Help Me Grow Utah
Help Me Grow Director