As employment opportunities and internships are open and available, we will post them here.
To apply for an internship, complete our Internship Application.
EveryDay Strong Americorps VISTA
Thirty-seven million Americans live in poverty. Through AmeriCorps VISTA, you can make a tangible difference.
Become an AmeriCorps VISTA at the United Way of Utah County, AmeriCorps VISTA is a national program where community members have the opportunity to serve in local nonprofits for one year helping to eliminate poverty. In return for service, members receive a living allowance, health insurance and other benefits.
An AmeriCorps VISTA position is open in Provo, Utah to help build the community awareness of the importance of, the red flags associated with lack of, and the community resources available to help support resilience. In conjunction with the community awareness campaign, work specifically in an high need area (South Franklin Area) to develop community partnerships, data point sharing, ongoing communication and mutually reinforcing activities that build familial and individual resilience to help build stronger families and help children reach their optimal development. This will be done through a social media campaign to elevate awareness and reduce stigmatism. As well as through a strategic approach in a targeted area in the community that will focus a community impact approach among partners serving the highest poverty area in Provo.
VISTA is needed to start in May 1, 2017 with a Pre-Service Orientation (possibly out of state depending on start date). Service begins immediately afterwards. The position is a full-year commitment.
- Living Allowance ($990 a month pre-taxes),
- At the end of year of service, the VISTA can choose an Education Award ($5,730) or End of Service Cash Stipend ($1,500)
- Health Coverage
- Relocation Allowance
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Can count what hours you need of the position towards an internship
- Full-time service for one year
- Cannot be a full-time student (since it is full-time work, this is too difficult)
- Possibility of minimum work or school part-time- not to interfere with service
- Some college experience
- At least 18 years of age
- General office and computer skills
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Social Media skills
- Will require some travel
Location: Provo, UT
How to Apply: TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to by Wednesday, March 29, 2017. An online application with AmeriCorps is also required after the interview process is complete.
Closing Date: 3/31/2017