As employment opportunities and internships are open and available, we will post them here.
To apply for an internship, complete our Internship Application.
EveryDay Learners Americorps VISTA
Thirty-seven million Americans live in poverty. Through AmeriCorps VISTA, you can make a tangible difference. Become an AmeriCorps VISTA at United Way of Utah County in Provo, Utah. AmeriCorps VISTA is a national program where community members have the opportunity to serve in local nonprofits for one year helping do things like eliminate poverty and increase literacy. In return for service, members receive a living allowance, health insurance and other benefits. An AmeriCorps VISTA position is open in Provo to help expand the early childhood initiatives at United Way of Utah County. This VISTA is needed help educate others about the importance of early childhood development and literacy and develop ways to increase volunteerism in schools.
The position is a one-year commitment.
- Living Allowance ($973 a month pre-taxes),
- At the end of year of service, the VISTA can choose an Education Award ($5,730) or End of
- Service Cash Stipend ($1,500)
- Health Coverage
- Relocation Allowance
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Hours towards an internship
- Full- time service for one year without another job
- Cannot be a full-time student (since it is full-time work, this would be too difficult)
- Some college experience
- At least 18 years of age
- General office and computer skills
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Proactive, works well with others
- Basic knowledge of multiple social media platforms
- Strong writing skills
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to Katie at by May 1st. An online application with AmeriCorps is also required after the interview process is complete.